Finally, Supreme Court has given its verdict on UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2021 extra attempt. The highest court has dismissed the plea filed by candidates on an extra attempt and said that no extra chance for civil services aspirants would be given due to COVID19. The judgment was rendered by a three-judge Bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar, Indu Malhotra, and Ajay Rastogi.During the hearing, the Centre and UPSC were ready to give extra chances to the candidates as a one-time measure, but both the parties were not ready to lift the age bar criteria for the exam. The notification of the UPSC IAS exam would be out soon and would be available to all aspirants on the official site of UPSC on upsc.gov.in.The notification was scheduled to release on February 10, which was put on hold by the Commission. However, the Commission has released the exam date. The examination would be conducted on June 27, 2021.In the last hearing, the Supreme Court has reserved the judgment on the petition asking for an extra chance for the last attempt to candidates who appeared in the exam last year. The highest court has asked the center or UPSC to submit the note on lateral entry age limit criteria. When asked about granting extra attempts to candidates, Justice Khanwilkar said that the last attempt for 33 years or seven attempts, whichever is more can be taken.The plea was filed by the candidates in Supreme Court last year requesting an additional attempt for all the candidates who had their last attempt in 2020 (either by virtue of the total number of attempts or their age limit, which is set at 32 years). In the series of hearings, the Court has also asked the center their opinion about the case, to which the center had shared that they were not in favour of giving an additional chance to the aspirants.However, with today’s verdict, candidates would get a concrete answer, and depending on the verdict the notification for this year which is due would also release.