Meerut: In a tragic incident, a businessman, his wife and son consumed poison after they suffered financial losses in the business in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh. The incident took place on Tuesday night in Ansal Colony under the Medical Police station. The condition of the 56-year-old tent businessman Sanjay Anand and his son Rishabh is critical. Sanjay's wife Rashmi Anand succumbed during the treatment on Wednesday morning. The trio consumed poison on Tuesday night at around 2.30 am. As the three cried in pain, the neighbours got alerted and admitted them to Lokpriya Hospital, according to a report in Hindi daily Hindustan.The matter came to light after the hospital informed Nauchandi police station about the incident. Later, the Medical police were informed about the incident.The father-son duo is undergoing treatment at the hospital. According to police, the businessman Sanjay Anand has a tent house on Chanakyapuri Road. In 2018, his tent house was gutted in a fire causing him massive losses. The subsequent lockdown after two years also led to huge losses. Sanjay was also under debt. The report further suggested that the businessman had suffered at least Rs 50 lakh losses due to a fire in his tent house. The businessman had reportedly made several attempts to restore his business but to no avail.After losses, Sanjay again tried to revive his business and took Bhadana Farm House on rent. In the meantime, the lockdown was announced in March 2020. All wedding bookings got cancelled due to coronavirus induced lockdown which led him to suffer losses. He then decided to take the extreme step along with his family members. According to the family, Sanjay was under stress for quite some time.