Gujarat: Man electrocuted to death while trying to save pigeon caught on high tension electric wire
Ahmedabad: In a tragic incident, a 45-year-old man died of electrocution while he was trying to save a bird stuck on a high voltage power cable in Aravali district of Gujarat.Dilip Vaghela, a resident of Malpur town in the district, saw a pigeon fluttering in 11KV power cables, desperately trying to free itself from the grip. Without pausing to think prior to risking it all to free the poor bird from the death-like clasp of the power cables, Vaghela ascended the 50-feet high electric police, carrying a stick in his hand to rescue the bird.“Soon, people gathered in large numbers and tried to dissuade him from his dangerous attempt. They tried to bring him down thrice, but an adamant Vaghela climbed up the fourth time but met his fate when a massive coil of the current threw him to his death,” a report published by The Times of India stated.As he touched the high voltage electric wire, he suffered an electric shock. He was catapulted through the air and landed on the ground 50 feet below. He died on the spot.In another incident, a 50-year-old man was fatally shot by some unidentified people in Modi Nagar area of UP’s Ghaziabad near Delhi.According to the police, Umesh alias Titu, was sitting was shot dead by unknown people when he was sitting in his house’s outer courtyard after having dinner on Wednesday night. The miscreants opened indiscriminate firing at Titu, killing him at the spot. He sustained 10 bullet injuries.Police said that they suspect the involvement of some people known to the now-deceased in the crime. Some people have been rounded up and they are being questioned, police added.