Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke for 86 minutes on Saturday while addressing the country on the 74th Independence Day and touched upon a wide range of topics from coronavirus to Ladakh clash and the minimum age for women to get married.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's main focus remained on the Atmanirbhar Bharat project and coronavirus pandemic and the war against it. He also, however, posed a number of problems and proposed new initiatives such as the NDH Mission.
Top quotes from PM Modi’s Independence Day speech:
1. Once again, Prime Minister Modi reiterated Bharat 's mission or the goal of making India autonomous. "Free India must have the spirit of 'vocal for local'," said PM Modi. Our local products should be accepted, because, if we don't, our goods won't get the best chance because won't be promoted. "Today, many big businesses are turning to India. The slogans 'Made for Earth' and 'Make in India' have to go ahead."
2. PM Modi again referred to the ongoing struggle against China in Ladakh that the Indian soldiers in Ladakh had an appropriate reaction to those who had osed to question India 's sovereignty. MP Modi said, "It is of utmost importance to us to preserve India 's sovereignty. The world has seen with the happenings in Ladakh what we can and our military can do to defend the sovereignty.
3. PM Modi said the government was revisiting the minimum wedding age of the country's women and daughters. PM Modi said in his speech on Independence Day, "We have formed a committee to re-examine our daughters' minimum marriage age. After the committee submits its report, we will make the correct decision.
4. PM Modi also announced that each Indian would have its own Health ID, a Digital Health Profile and ID which contains all information, such as illness, care obtained, visits to a doctor, use of medication etc. The National Digital Health Mission.
5. PM Modi said that there was no one in India that three vaccine candidates are currently undergoing separate phases of clinical trials, referring to the country's coronavirus vaccines. PM Modi also said that once all the requisite clearances have been issued to these vaccines, mass production will begin and all arrangements have already been in place to make them available to all Indians.
6. PM Modi revealed a Rs 1 lakh crore farm infrastructure fund in his Independence Day speech. "Atmanirbhar agriculture and Aatmanirbhar farmers is an important priority for 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat," said PM Modi. PM Modi.
7. PM Modi said, "We are one year on the new development journey for Jammu and Cashmir, which is one year after we became an EU territory. In Jammu and Cashmir, the government is committed to completing the work so as to hold elections and elected representatives of the people there.
8. PM Modi also spoke about the building of Ram Mandir and about the bhoomi pujan ceremony he conducted in Ayodhya on 5 August. "The construction of a massive Ram Temple started in Ayodhya 10 days ago, PM Modi said. Ramjanmabhoomi problem has been solved peacefully for decades. The action of the country's citizens has been unparalleled and inspires the future.
9. PM Narendra Modi also listed biodiversity in India and said that over the past few years the number of tigers has increased in India. PM Modi said the population of tigers and lions in India have risen exponentially and now the government is launching the 'Lion Project.'
10. PM Narendra addressed the National Day for Independence as saying, "We are extending NCCs to the borders and special training for approximately 1 lakh of new NCC cadets will be given."