How To Set Up Whatsapp Payments To Send, Receive Money: Step By Step Process
Most of us want to have as little contact with others as possible, due to the on-going pandemic and also follow the social distancing guidelines provided by the government of India.
Further, this has affected the way we send and receive money making contactless payments the new normal.
Moreover, this has created a huge demand for digital payment services such as Google Pay, PhonePe and others.
In case you’re highly dependent on online payments but don’t wish to download an additional app for it on your smartphone try out WhatsApp Pay.
What Is WhatsApp Pay?
Basically, WhatsApp Payments is based on National Payments Corporation of India’s (NCPI) Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
First of all, WhatsApp Payments is dedicated only for peer to peer payments compared to Paytm, which also has a wallet for people to store money and Google Pay that lets users make payments of bills, buy gold and more.
For implementing these services, WhatsApp Payments has partnered with some major banks in India like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and State Bank of India.
How To Setup WhatsApp Payments?
Let’s go through the steps to set up the WhatsApp Payments and link it with your bank account.
- The first step, open WhatsApp on your smartphone and tap on the three dots located on the top right corner.
- Now tap on the ‘Payments’ option and then select the ‘Add payment method’ option.
- Further, this will show a list of supported devices, now select the bank where you have an account. (The account should be linked to mobile number)
- Afterward, the app will then ask to send a verification message from your phone.
- Now tap the ‘Verify via SMS’ button and after verifying, it will show all your accounts in the bank that are linked to your number.
- Next choose the one you want to set up for the app to use, tap done and your process of setting up your account is done